Industrial Energy Management
Manufacturing is energy intensive. Most manufacturers can improve energy efficiency by managing energy as a controllable cost and focusing on continuous improvement.
INDUSTRIAL ENERGY EFFICIENCY WITH ENERGY STAR
Hundreds of industrial companies use ENERGY STAR resources to improve efficiency, reduce costs, while protecting the environment.
Get started with the resources below:
Earn recognition for reducing energy intensity by 10% at sites.
Network with peers in specific industrial sectors and access unique resources.
Earn the ENERGY STAR for plants with top energy performance.
Earn recognition for finding energy savings in your plants.
BUILD AN ENERGY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Measuring, tracking and benchmarking of energy across all operations are your most powerful energy waste reduction tools.
- Tools for benchmarking energy management practices
- Tools for tracking and benchmarking facility energy performance
- ENERGY STAR Energy Performance Indicators for plants (explained)
- ENERGY STAR Aggregate Efficiency Index (for organizational wide benchmarking)
Recognition validates good work, raises awareness of the value of energy management, and drives further energy savings. EPA offers manufacturers three different forms of ENERGY STAR recognition:
EPA offers a wide range of ENERGY STAR tools and resources to help improve the energy performance of your company and the facilities it operates. Here are the most popular resources to get you started.
- Guidelines for Energy Management
- Energy Program Assessment Matrix
- Facility Energy Assessment Matrix
- Small and Medium Manufacturers’ Guide to Energy Management
- Teaming up to Save Energy
- Energy Strategy for the Road Ahead
- Energy Treasure Hunt Guide
For all tools and resources visit the Industrial Energy Management Information Center.