ENERGY STAR certified homes and apartments are designed and built better from the ground up. They deliver better durability, better comfort, and reduced utility and maintenance costs.
Peace of Mind
The result of better design and construction. With the ENERGY STAR label on your new home or apartment, you can be confident that it will deliver and has been built better from the ground up.
- Meets strict requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Tried-and-true best building practices
- More inspections and testing by certified professionals
- A green home or apartment begins with ENERGY STAR blue
Better systems make all the difference. A new home or apartment is a big investment, so it's important that it be designed with features built to last.
- A complete Thermal Enclosure System with comprehensive air sealing, quality-installed insulation, and high-performance windows
- A high-efficiency Heating, Ventilation, and Cooling System
- A comprehensive Water Management System to protect roofs, walls, and foundations from moisture damage
- Energy-Efficient Lighting and Appliances
A better way to live. From the moment you walk in the door of your ENERGY STAR certified home or apartment, you'll see, hear, and feel the difference.
- Efficiently delivered comfort, controlled humidity, and reduced noise
- A constant supply of fresh, filtered air, reducing indoor pollutants, dust, pollen, and other allergens
- Consistent temperatures and diminished drafts
A better investment for today and tomorrow. ENERGY STAR certified new homes and apartments offer better energy efficiency and performance.
- At least 10% more energy efficient than homes and apartments built to code and achieve a 20% improvement on average
- Better resale value if it comes time to sell, with studies indicating sales price premiums of up to 6% for ENERGY STAR certified and similarly efficient homes
- Access to energy efficient mortgages
Ready to find an ENERGY STAR certified home or apartment?
Find builders and developers in your state.
What people are saying about ENERGY STAR certified homes and apartments:
Going Green comes down to individual commitment and willingness to change our current routines. We truly appreciate the positive impact our ENERGY STAR home and community have on the planet.The Orrock Family • Las Vegas, NV
Choosing an ENERGY STAR home has made a significant difference for us. Our first electric bill was extremely low-we love the savings! And knowing that we have an energy-efficient home we can live in for years is so comforting.Costa Family • Dallas, TX
Our utility bills are half of what they were in the previous home even though we have an additional five hundred square feet in our new home. I cannot say enough about how wonderful it is to be doing our part for a better tomorrow!The Dunson Family • Victorville, CA
It is everything that my husband and I expected it to be, but the best part of living here is that we save a great amount of money on energy costs. Thanks to that, our family is saving and able to plan for our future. Angelica Ouameur • Pleasantville, NJ
In my ENERGY STAR certified home, the builder paid extra attention to sealing every hole, having low-e windows installed to help reflect the sun's heat, and building a roof with a radiant barrier to further suppress heat intake into the home. To date, my highest electric bill has been around $92.Dean Harris • Phoenix, AZ
We've always been impressed with the savings we've gotten from ENERGY STAR CFLs and appliances, so we knew that ENERGY STAR would be a smart choice for our first home too.Leona Fisher and Will Sankhla • Southern California
We doubled the size of our home, but our energy bills were comparable. Plus, the temperature throughout the house is consistent so we're always comfortable.The Reagan Family • Cottage Grove, MN
During the summer it definitely stays cooler. ENERGY STAR is exactly why we aren't losing air anywhere. You get a tight seal around your house that keeps the cool air in and hot air out.Ryan and Melanie Miller • Salt Lake City, Utah
My house is an ENERGY STAR certified house. Going from a 600 square foot apartment to a 2,000 square foot home, I expected at least a 30% increase in my electric bill, but I was wrong. When I opened my first bill I was shocked at how low my bill was!The Trial Family • Dallas, TX