Going Green comes down to individual commitment and willingness to change our current routines. We truly appreciate the positive impact our ENERGY STAR home and community have on the planet.
Features & Benefits of Certified Homes & Apartments
ENERGY STAR certified homes and apartments are designed and built better from the ground up. They deliver better durability, better comfort, and reduced utility and maintenance costs.
Peace of Mind
The result of better design and construction. With the ENERGY STAR label on your new home or apartment, you can be confident that it will deliver and has been built better from the ground up.
- Meets strict requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Tried-and-true best building practices
- More inspections and testing by certified professionals
- A green home or apartment begins with ENERGY STAR blue
Better systems make all the difference. A new home or apartment is a big investment, so it's important that it be designed with features built to last.
- A complete Thermal Enclosure System with comprehensive air sealing, quality-installed insulation, and high-performance windows
- A high-efficiency Heating, Ventilation, and Cooling System
- A comprehensive Water Management System to protect roofs, walls, and foundations from moisture damage
- Energy-Efficient Lighting and Appliances
A better way to live. From the moment you walk in the door of your ENERGY STAR certified home or apartment, you'll see, hear, and feel the difference.
A better investment for today and tomorrow. ENERGY STAR certified new homes and apartments offer better energy efficiency and performance.
- At least 10% more energy efficient than homes and apartments built to code and achieve a 20% improvement on average
- Better resale value if it comes time to sell, with studies indicating sales price premiums of up to 6% for ENERGY STAR certified and similarly efficient homes
- Access to energy efficient mortgages
Ready to find an ENERGY STAR certified home or apartment?
Find builders and developers in your state.