Partner of the Year - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
TVA EnergyRight is the residential division of a public utility. TVA upgraded more than 4,000 homes through its low-income Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program, which covers the cost of upgrades for families burdened with high energy bills. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Lowering energy bills by an average of $500 per home.
- Expanding partnerships with local power companies by nearly 34% compared to the previous year.
- Incorporating community organizations like Centro Hispano de East Tennessee, which recommended using Spanish speakers for outreach, adjusting intake forms to accommodate double or hyphenated last names, and accepting tribal ID cards as proof of identity.
- Developing a partnership with Goodwill Industries to integrate building science and weatherization into a month-long construction training program, which has already enrolled 70 students.
- Adding renters of single-family homes to the list of those eligible for upgrades.