Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Samsung Electronics is a manufacturer of home appliances, consumer electronics, and mobile communications. In 2022, Samsung significantly enhanced its promotion of ENERGY STAR® certified products and its partnership and made great strides in delivering even more energy-efficient models to the market. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Certifying the first mass-market smart home energy management system (SHEMS) to earn the ENERGY STAR certification and working closely with EPA on a plan to bring national attention to Samsung’s system.
- Being the first major brand to certify televisions to the latest ENERGY STAR criteria.
- Celebrating ENERGY STAR on the Time Square electronic billboard in honor of ENERGY STAR Day.
- Launching an ENERGY STAR home appliances sustainability page for Earth Day where ENERGY STAR, ENERGY STAR Most Efficient, and ENERGY STAR Emerging Technology Award winning products are highlighted.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified appliances and electronics for ENERGY STAR Day and ENERGY STAR Earth Day.
- Educating 100% of existing and new employees about environmental conservation initiatives, offering them ENERGY STAR Ways to Save Tips, and highlighting ENERGY STAR in its orientation for interns as a part of its sustainability education.
- Installing almost 160 ENERGY STAR certified electric vehicle chargers for US employee use and mandating the purchase of ENERGY STAR certified products for its facilities.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR Tenant Space recognition for twelve of its offices.
- Hosting webinars for its facility maintenance teams on ENERGY STAR and sustainable building practices and conducting semi-annual and annual technical assessments of its facilities to address operational energy efficiency improvements.