Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Fulton Homes, a regional home builder, constructed more than 650 ENERGY STAR® certified homes in 2022, for a total of more than 7,600 homes since joining the program in 2008. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Raising consumer awareness about the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes at every touchpoint, including throughout its website, model homes, sales and design centers, and all print and electronic marketing materials, including a "Be an ENERGY STAR" radio promotion focused on the energy efficiency features of its homes.
- Educating homebuyers about the features of their ENERGY STAR certified home during on-site meetings with the construction staff at the pre-construction and framing stages.
- Collaborating with its energy rating company to train project managers and construction coordinators on ENERGY STAR program requirements and requiring that all construction personnel and customer care staff take online classes on the value of ENERGY STAR certification through its Fulton Homes Learning Academy.
- Advocating for ENERGY STAR and greater energy efficiency while working with local energy companies, municipalities, and industry associations such as the Energy and Environmental Builder Alliance.
- Constructing homes that earn EPA's Indoor airPLUS and WaterSense certifications in addition to ENERGY STAR and moving toward net-zero energy home construction.