Download our brochure
About Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
Is your home cold, drafty, or uncomfortably hot? Do you have high energy bills, ice dams on your roof, peeling paint or excessive dust?
These are common problems found in homes that may not be as energy efficient as they could be and can benefit from a whole-house energy improvement. Investing in home performance work can make your home more comfortable, and at the same time improve its energy efficiency – saving you money on utility bills and helping to protect the environment, too.
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR can help improve your home's comfort, indoor air quality, and safety, while lowering your utility bills. The national program connects you to local program Sponsors. These local programs will put you in touch with participating contractors who are specially trained to understand how your home operates, identify health and safety issues, and give you personalized recommendations for increasing your home's energy efficiency. Also, many states and local utilities offer incentives to homeowners who complete energy efficiency improvements.
How can I benefit from Home Performance with ENERGY STAR?
Homeowners who participate in Home Performance with ENERGY STAR live in cooler homes in the summer and warmer homes in the winter, and pay less for their utility bills. Plus, they are confident the work is completed by professionals who have the knowledge and skills to address their homes' needs because Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Sponsors perform quality assurance checks on their contractors. Read about homeowners who have participated in Home Performance with ENERGY STAR.
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Benefits
- Utility bill savings of 20% or more
- Fewer drafts and more comfortable rooms
- Work performed by specially trained contractors
- Third party quality assurance to make sure work gets done right
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions to protect the environments
What makes a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR participating contractor different?
Knowing what energy efficiency improvements to make in a home and how they can work together requires special expertise. Participating contractors are equipped with specialized training and diagnostic tools to determine how your home is performing, and can assist you in achieving your goals, whether it's improving comfort, cutting energy costs, or protecting the environment.
Take Action Today:
- Find a local Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Sponsor and ask how you can make your home more comfortable to live in, while you save energy and money on your utility bills.
- Hire a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR participating contractor to conduct a whole-house assessment and perform recommended energy improvements.
- Spread the word; tell your neighbors how easy it is to live in a healthier, more comfortable home while you save money on your utility bills!