Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
Check out our brochure (PDF, 679 KB)
Home Energy Improvements
With your home performance assessment complete, work with your home energy expert to begin home projects that yield the greatest comfort and savings (PDF, 68 KB). Projects like these:
- Sealing Air Leaks and Adding Insulation (PDF, 279 KB) : These are critical first steps to improving the energy efficiency of your home.
- Sealing Ductwork: Making sure ducts are straight, properly connected, sealed, and insulated where needed, will greatly improve your home’s comfort and energy efficiency.
- Improving Heating, Cooling, and Ventilation Systems (PDF, 299 KB) : If your furnace or air conditioner is old or damaged, your contractor may recommend that you replace it with a unit that has earned the ENERGY STAR label.
- Upgrading Lighting, Appliances, and Water Heating Equipment: Energy used in these areas can account for nearly half your utility bill, so there’s a big opportunity to save by installing ENERGY STAR qualified products.
- Replacing Windows (PDF, 195 KB) : If it’s time to replace your home’s windows, your contractor may recommend ENERGY STAR qualified models specific to your climate.
- Installing Renewable Energy Systems: Once energy efficiency improvements have been made to your home, your participating contractor may recommend additional measures, like installing solar panels or a solar hot water system.