Includes eligibility criteria and partner commitments, which are required in order for your product to qualify for the ENERGY STAR label.
SHEMS Version 1.1 Program Requirements (PDF, 641 KB)
SHEMS Version 1.0 Method to Determine Field Performance (PDF, 177 KB)
SHEMS Version 1.0 Data Reporting Template (OFFICE DOCUMENT, 33 KB)
View documents, data, and correspondence related to the version in development.
There are no new versions currently in development.
Applying for the ENERGY STAR
Follow these 5 steps to become a new ENERGY STAR partner. Find more details regarding steps 1-4 here.
- Determine partnership eligibility: will your product meet the criteria above?
- Need to certify your smart thermostat? Find certification requirements here.
- Download and complete the ENERGY STAR Partnership Agreement and the ENERGY STAR Participation Form for Product Brand Owners.
- Return the Partnership Agreement and Participation Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or via e-mail.
- Certify product performance with an EPA -recognized Certification Body (CB). View EPA-recognized CBs, as well as an overview of EPA's third-party certification procedures here.
Already an ENERGY STAR Partner for a different product category? Simply complete the certification process with your CB. Energy Efficiency Program Sponsors (EEPS) and retailers that are already ENERGY STAR partners must also submit an ENERGY STAR Participation Form for Product Brand Owners.