Download and use the following materials to participate in this year’s Rule Your Attic! Campaign. These materials can be used to understand the program and educate homeowners about measuring attic insulation levels and the many benefits of improving their attic’s energy efficiency through sealing and insulation. Please note that the documents and materials on this page were developed specifically for partners and stakeholders like utilities, manufacturers, and outreach programs promoting energy efficiency.
EPA actively promoted the 2015 Rule Your Attic campaign from October 1st – November 20th, 2015, but the materials below can be used to promote proper attic air sealing and insulation throughout the year.
If you are a contractor who does sealing and insulating, please visit the Rule Your Attic! Campaign Toolkit for Contractors for outreach materials developed for that group.
- Campaign Overview (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Social Media Kit (PDF, 152 KB)
- Sample Email and Newsletter Text (WORD, 766 KB)
- Press Release Template (WORD, 773 KB)
- Media Pitch Template (WORD, 765 KB)
- Campaign Identifier
- Seal and Insulate DIY Guide (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- Spanish DIY Guide (PDF, 761 KB)
- Consumer Resource (WORD, 629 KB)
- Consumer Resoure Cobrandable (WORD, 0 KB)
- Common Attic Air Leaks (PDF, 145 KB)
- Does Your Insulation Measure Up (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Proper Attic Sealing and Insulation (PDF, 61 KB)
- How to Measure Your Insulation (0:38)
- How to Measure Your Attic Insulatio (Narrated) (0:30)
- How to Air Seal Electrical Boxes (0:36)
- How to Seal and Insulate an Old Recessed Light Fixture in Your Attic (0:56)
- How to Seal Around Plumbing Pipe in Your Attic (0:55)
- How to Measure Your Attic Insulatio (Narrated long-version) (1:13)
- Why Should You Insulate Your Home’s Attic? (Narrated) (0:56)
- Should You DIY or Hire a Contractor? (Narrated) (1:08)
- Rule Your Attic! On Wake Up with Al (2:38)
Health & Safety Information:
- Air Sealing Health and Safety (found under ‘Tools, materials and safety’)
- Vermiculite Guidance
- Spray-foam Guidance
- Indoor Air Quality in Homes
More health and saftey information can be found on the Seal & Insulate with ENERGY STAR page here.
These campaign materials can be used to promote proper attic air sealing and insulation throughout the year.
For questions on how to use these assets or more information on the 2015 campaign, please email email@example.com.