Appliances that have earned the ENERGY STAR meet strict energy efficiency criteria without sacrificing performance or design. They have the same features consumers look for in conventional models, but they use less energy and less water. This means ENERGY STAR qualified appliances help protect the environment while saving consumers money.
The links below will take you to fact sheets, retail training materials, and other tools to help you, your staff, and your vendors communicate effectively with consumers about the benefits of purchasing appliances that have earned the ENERGY STAR.
- ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient Appliances 2019 Sales Associate Training (PDF, 9.0 MB)
- ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryer Sales Associate Training (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- ENERGY STAR Clothes Washer Sales Associate Training (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- ENERGY STAR Dishwasher Sales Associate Training (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- ENERGY STAR Refrigerator/Freezer Dryer Sales Associate Training (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- ENERGY STAR Room Air Conditioner Sales Associate Training (PDF, 1.0 MB)
The Consumer Messaging Guide for ENERGY STAR Qualified Appliances, linked below, provides the latest program details for partners' use in their promotion of ENERGY STAR certified appliances. Included are energy savings facts, tips for consumers, and other information that will help you communicate effectively about your partnership with ENERGY STAR and what ENERGY STAR appliances offer. The goal is to make it easy for partners to help consumers save money and protect the environment.
The Appliance Program Guide for Energy Efficiency Program Sponsors, linked below, informs program administrators about opportunities to help customers save money and reduce energy use with ENERGY STAR certified appliances and through the retirement and recycling of old, inefficient equipment. Common practices for program design and implementation are shared based on the experience of recent programs around the nation.