Utility Guide for Designing Incentive Programs Focused on Data Center Efficiency Measures
Many utility program managers are designing incentive programs focused on the data center market. For these reasons, EPA ENERGY STAR completed the guidance document, Understanding and Designing Energy-Efficiency Programs for Data Centers (PDF, 309.38 KB), in November 2012. The guide:
- Characterizes the data center market;
- Highlights energy-efficiency program opportunities in data centers;
- Provides an overview of data center programs throughout the country;
- Discusses the market structure and resulting challenges, and suggest solutions to overcome those challenges;
- Summarizes appropriate program models and measures;
- Explains program planning strategies and evaluation, measurement, and verification (EM&V) best practices that can mitigate program implementation barriers; and
- Suggests implementation strategies for data center programs.
In addition, EPA ENERGY STAR offers a webinar based on the guide. Mark Bramfitt, former head of PG&E’s data center efficiency program, will lead the presentation and be available to answer questions. Register for this free webinar.
Finally, EPA ENERGY STAR spoke alongside ComEd and Seattle City Lights about the keys to running a successful data center program on November 14th, 2013. To replay this webinar, please click here. This Brown Bag webinar was provided by the Association of Energy Services Professionals. Brown Bags are free of charge to AESP members.