People who do not work in IT or Facilities can contribute to improving data center or server room efficiency. Here are some things you can do:
- Invite your IT, facilities, or energy manager to attend a free webinar on server room / data center energy efficiency opportunities. Register here.
- Let your IT, facilities, or energy manager know about free one-on-one technical consultations about energy efficiency, available from ENERGY STAR.
- Tell your purchasing manager about energy-saving ENERGY STAR products available for the data center. Purchasing agents can add the following contract language to their standard procurement or RFP language.
- Suggest that your organization benchmark its data center’s energy performance to see how it compares to similar facilities in the US.
- Advocate for computer power management in your organization to save up to $50 per computer annually. We’ll show you how even non-techies can lead the charge.