- Specification defines residential ceiling fan airflow efficiency on a performance basis: cfm* of airflow per watt of power consumed by the motor and controls.
- Motor warranty provided must be a minimum of 30 years
- Component(s) warranty must be a minimum of one year
- Light kit warranty requirements are provided in the ENERGY STAR Luminaires (PDF, 637KB) specification.
- Integral or attachable lighting, including separately sold ceiling fan light kits, must meet requirements provided in the ENERGY STAR Luminaires (PDF, 637KB) specification. See specification (PDF, 637KB) for specific requirements.
- Qualifying products must permit convenient consumer adjustment of fan speed, by means of one or more wall-mounted switch(es), a remote control, or readily accessible pull chains.