Laundry Made Best: Best for You and the Planet
Clothes washers and dryers that are recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2017 combine cutting-edge energy efficiency with innovative performance and features—they represent the very best of ENERGY STAR.
Add our Infographic to Your Site
Links to Related Resources:
- ENERGY STAR Laundry
- ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2017 Products
- Ask the Expert - Clothes Dryers Have Earned the ENERGY STAR! (video)
- Laundry Best Practices
Laundry Made Best. Best for You & the Planet. ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2017
Clothes washers and dryers that are recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2017 combine cutting-edge energy efficiency with innovative performance and features. They represent the very best of ENERGY STAR - best for your clothes, best for you and your family, best for the environment.
Clothes dryers that are recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2017:
- Are available in standard and compact sizes
- Use at least 25 – 30% less energy
- Save up to $270 in energy bills over the lifetime
Heat pump dryers earning this designation use advanced technology that requires about half the energy of conventional electric models.
HEAT PUMP DRYERS—HOW THEY WORK
Heat pump dryers typically heat, dehumidify, and circulate air in the dryer drum, so vents are not required.
- Heat pump dryers take in ambient air and heat it. The hot air absorbs the moisture from your clothes.
- After the air passes through the dryer drum, it goes through the condenser, removing the moisture and collecting it in a tank. Then, the air is heated again and recirculated back into the drum to continue drying the clothes.
Price tag: Heat pump dryers may carry a higher price tag, but they can save more energy and money with each load. REBATES may be available from your utility towards the purchase of an ENERGY STAR Most Efficient model.
Dryer venting: Heat pump dryers are particularly suited for homes without existing dryer vents including apartments, and can be installed almost anywhere in the home.
Water removal: Solutions include installing a drain, manually draining the water tank, or installing a device that allows the dryer to use the clothes washer drain.
Clothes washers that are recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2017:
- Use 45% less energy and 54% less water
- Include sophisticated wash systems and efficient motors with high spin speeds
Looking for the biggest savings? Choose an ENERGY STAR Most Efficient laundry pair to save even more
The Simple Choice for Energy Efficiency.
ENERGY STAR® is the simple choice for energy efficiency. For more than 20 years, EPA’s ENERGY STAR program has been America’s resource for saving energy and protecting the environment. Join the millions making a difference at energystar.gov.