This Earth Day, it's time to celebrate action. Companies, families, and people are leading the way to a clean energy future and a healthier climate by investing in energy efficiency with ENERGY STAR and green power.
Be inspired by them to take your own actions to reduce your carbon footprint, including looking for the ENERGY STAR label on products, switching to green power options, and considering an electric vehicle for your next car purchase. Take the ENERGY STAR Climate pledge and get started on these and other smart energy choices today.
At ecobee, our mission is to improve everyday life while creating a more sustainable world. In 2007, we brought the world’s first smart thermostat to market and have continuously developed our technology to help customers improve energy efficiency and lower energy costs by 23%* annually. We’ve made significant investments in ensuring ecobee products benefit families as much as they benefit the planet:
- Launched eco+, our free thermostat optimization software, to over 100 utility partners – seamlessly integrating EE, DR and TOU optimization in a revolutionary, customer-friendly way.
- Reduced CO2 equivalent emissions by 7,336,641 tons since launching ecobee in 2007.
- Distributed 35,000+ subsidized smart thermostats to families through ecobee’s income qualified program.
- Saved our customers with eco+ 5% more energy than a smart thermostat alone, and up to 23% on cooling costs in areas with time-of-use rates**
Looking ahead, we’ll be expanding our sustainability impact by:
- Improving the recyclability of our packaging by ensuring they are sustainable and easy to disassemble.
- Continuing to fund thermostat recycling programs to safely remove and recycle mercury thermostats made by other manufacturers.
- Further integrating all utility program types into one seamless experience for customers, empowering utilities to increase their program participation rate and reimagine how to bring integrated demand side management into the home.
For more information, visit https://www.ecobee.com/en-us/about/#Our-impact
* Compared to a hold of 72°F/22°C
** Based on a third-party study conducted between June and August 2020 across North America. Savings vary by season, climate zone and rate structure.
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR label are independently certified to save energy and help protect the climate. With ENERGY STAR, you can save 30% or about $575 on your household energy bills, while avoiding more than 5,500 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions.
Take advantage of opportunities in your community to choose green power as the energy source for your home.
Advances in electric vehicles mean more options, longer driving ranges and quicker charge times. Match your new car with an ENERGY STAR certified charger for even greater environmental benefit.