Includes eligibility criteria and partner commitments, which are required in order for your product to qualify for the ENERGY STAR label.
Enterprise Servers Version 3.0 Program Requirements (PDF, 784 KB)
Enterprise Servers Version 2.1 Program Requirements (PDF, 803 KB)
Enterprise Servers SERT Update Memo (34KB)
View documents, data, and correspondence related to the version in development
There are no new versions currently in development.
Off-Season Meeting Presentations
EPA and the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) held an off-season, in-person stakeholder meeting on June 24th and 25th to discuss follow-up topics related to the Version 2.0 specification and the development of the upcoming Version 3.0 specification. The presentations from these meetings are below.
- AMD ENERGY STAR Server APU Energy Efficiency (PDF, 1.17MB)
- AMD ENERGY STAR Server Energy Efficiency Technology (PDF, 1.44MB)
- EPA Analysis of SERT Data (PDF, 796KB)
- IBM - Challenges in ENERGY STAR Servers Data Collection (PDF, 118KB)
- IBM - Power Management Discussion (PDF, 228KB)
- ITI Server Technology Considerations for ENERGY STAR (PDF, 649KB)
- ITI Analysis of SERT Data (PDF, 703KB)
- SPEC Server Efficiency Rating Tool (SERT) - Future (PDF, 236KB)
- SPEC Server Efficiency Ration Tool (SERT) - Overview (PDF, 1.11MB)
View documents, data, and correspondence related to the version revision history.
Applying for the ENERGY STAR
If your product meets our criteria, then apply for an ENERGY STAR label.
To qualify a new product, contact an EPA-recognized Certification Body (CB) to have the product's performance certified. A list of EPA-recognized CBs, as well as an overview of EPA's third-party certification procedures, is available at www.energystar.gov/3rdpartycert.
Fact sheets, retail training materials, and other tools to help communicate the benefits of purchasing products that have earned the ENERGY STAR.