ENERGY STAR commercial coffee brewers include well-insulated tanks, which reduce heat loss and offer better temperature uniformity within the tank from top to bottom. In addition, certified coffee brewers may include energy saving modes, which include programmable auto-power down functions that switch off the warming plate.
- About 35 percent more energy efficient than standard models
- Save businesses an average of $100 annually
- Batch commercial coffee brewers (Type II) designed to use loose, ground coffee and a re-usable or single-use coffee filter and has a standard brew volume of >24 to 384 fluid ounces per brew event. Type II brewers shall not use disposable packages of pre-ground coffee. Types include:
- Small Batch Type II: Brew volume capacity with a range of 24oz. – 128oz
- Medium Batch Type II: Brew volume capacity with a range of >128oz. – 256oz
- Large Batch Type II: Brew volume capacity of >256oz. – 384oz
- Satellite Coffee Brewers without a heated docking station.
- Products designed for residential applications
- Type I Commercial Coffee Brewers
- Type III Commercial Coffee Brewers
- Bean-to-Cup Brewers
- Liquid Coffee Dispensers
- Powdered Coffee Dispenser
- Espresso Machines
- Urn Brewers
Current Specification Effective Date: May 2018
- The Version 1.1 specification has been in effect since May 2018. Materials related to this revision process are provided at the product development page.
- Commercial coffee brewers that have earned the ENERGY STAR are 35 percent more energy efficient than standard models.
Helpful resources for buying a commercial coffee brewer:
Purchasing ENERGY STAR certified CFS equipment can cut utility costs and maintenance without sacrificing features, quality, or style. Check with your utilities to see if they offer rebates to offset the purchase price of ENERGY STAR equipment.
ENERGY STAR Where to Buy List
For a list of ENERGY STAR dealers and distributors that sell ENERGY STAR certified equipment, visit the ENERGY STAR Where to Buy List. Please contact CommercialFoodService@energystar.gov if you would like to be added to the list.
ENERGY STAR Rebates
For a list of CFS incentives, please visit the ENERGY STAR Rebate Finder.