Happy ENERGY STAR Day! Now that you’ve learned so much about how to help protect the planet from climate change, it is time to take action. From using less energy at home to switching to cleaner and greener power, your family’s energy choices count. One simple way to get started is by pledging to choose an ENERGY STAR certified product to save energy, save money, and help protect the climate. We invite your family to take the Pledge as well as consider these other important steps in supporting a healthier planet.
- Check with your utility about switching to renewable energy options.
- Consider an electric vehicle when buying a car and match your new car with an ENERGY STAR certified electric vehicle charger.
- Take alternative transportation with less impact, such as riding a bike or electric scooter, instead of a car when you can.
- Choose new super-efficient electric technologies like hybrid heat pump water heaters and air-source heat pumps for heating and cooling – all of which offer generous tax credits in 2020.
- Support local efforts to save energy and support green power.
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR label are independently certified to save energy and help protect the climate. With ENERGY STAR, you can save 30% or about $575 on your household energy bills, while avoiding more than 5,500 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions.
Take advantage of opportunities in your community to choose green power as the energy source for your home.
Advances in electric vehicles mean more options, longer driving ranges and quicker charge times. Match your new car with an ENERGY STAR certified charger for even greater environmental benefit.