- Check with your utility about switching to renewable energy options.
- Consider an electric vehicle when buying a car and match your new car with an ENERGY STAR certified electric vehicle charger.
- Take alternative transportation with less impact, such as riding a bike or electric scooter, instead of a car when you can.
- Choose new super-efficient electric technologies like hybrid heat pump water heaters and air-source heat pumps for heating and cooling – all of which offer generous tax credits in 2020.
- Support local efforts to save energy and support green power.
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR label are independently certified to save energy and help protect the climate. With ENERGY STAR, you can save 30% or about $575 on your household energy bills, while avoiding more than 5,500 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions.
Take advantage of opportunities in your community to choose green power as the energy source for your home.
Advances in electric vehicles mean more options, longer driving ranges and quicker charge times. Match your new car with an ENERGY STAR certified charger for even greater environmental benefit.