What should I look for when buying a ceiling fan?
In addition to looking for the ENERGY STAR label, there are other items to consider when purchasing and installing a new ceiling fan. Products that are recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient deliver cutting edge energy efficiency along with the latest in technological innovation. They represent the very best for energy savings and environmental protection. Find Most Efficient ceiling fans here or learn more in the Ceiling Fan Buying Guidance (PDF, 658 KB).
- Ceiling Fans Basics
- Ceiling Fan Performance: Components that Count
- Ceiling Fan Accessories and Purchasing Choices
Current Specification Effective Date: June 15, 2018
Ceiling fans with light fixtures originally qualified for the ENERGY STAR label in January, 2002.
Ceiling Fan Buying Guidance (PDF, 658 KB)
Need light bulbs for your new ceiling fan? Realize even more savings when you use ENERGY STAR certified light bulbs!
If your fan doesn't include lighting and you decide to add it later, be sure to purchase an ENERGY STAR certified light kit to get the advantages of ENERGY STAR lighting as well. Learn more about ENERGY STAR certified LED lighting.
- Find what bulb best fits your needs with the Choose a Light Guide.
- Light Bulb Purchasing Guide (PDF, 652 KB)
- Learn About Bulb Brightness
- Choose the Right Color Bulb (PDF, 3.7 MB)