Energy Efficiency Home Upgrade Assistance for Low- to Moderate-Income Households
If you struggle to pay your energy bills, you’re not alone. Over 39.5 million1 U.S. households face challenges paying their energy bills and live in older homes that are not well insulated or energy efficient. Installing efficient home upgrades can reduce monthly energy bills and improve home safety and indoor air quality.
Now, with unprecedented funding from federal, state, and utility programs, there are more opportunities for low- and moderate-income families to make energy saving home upgrades.
Covered upgrades will vary by program and may include the following:
- Weatherization - including insulation, air sealing, and ventilation
- Repair and/or replacement of heating, cooling, and water heating units
- Installation of efficient lighting and appliances
- Other upgrades such as electrical panel upgrades and wiring to support efficient electrification
- In addition, some programs provide bill assistance or emergency services in time of crisis.