Streaming Media? Make the simple choice to do it smarter.
Quick facts to help you make energy-efficient choices when streaming media.
Add our Infographic to Your Site
Links to Related Resources:
- Ask the Expert: Game Smart to Save Energy & Help Protect the Environment
- ENERGY STAR Certified Electronics
Streaming media? Make the simple choice to do it smarter.
Did you know?
- ENERGY STAR certified products that enable streaming, modems/routers, set top boxes, digital media players, computers, laptops, TVs, and smart TVs are 25% more energy efficient.
- Streaming to a large screen
- Smart TVs = Smart Choice. Smart TVs with built-in components and user interfaces to enable streaming are the most efficient way to stream content to the large screen.
- 15x more efficient. Digital media players (e.g., Roku, AppleTV), use 15 times less energy than a game console.
- Streaming to a small screen
- 4x more efficient. Tablets use 4 times less energy than a laptop.
- Trends in Streaming
- 20 Million US households had a digital media player in 2015, that’s a 63% increase compared to 2014!
- More than half of the US population watched TV by streaming online at least once a month in 2016.
EPA’s ENERGY STAR® is the simple choice for energy efficiency. Join the millions across America already making a difference at energystar.gov.