Don’t be a Dim Bulb
It may be hard to believe, but about 60% of light sockets in the U.S. still contain an inefficient bulb. With the average home having about 70 sockets in total, that leaves lots of room for energy-saving improvement. Don’t be a Dim Bulb—change a light to an ENERGY STAR
certified LED bulb today! With ENERGY STAR lighting you will get bulbs that will:
1. Save You Energy: ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs use 70-90% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
2. Save You Money: A single light bulb that has earned the ENERGY STAR can save over $55 in electricity costs over it lifetime. If every American home replaced just one light bulb with one that has earned the ENERGY STAR, we would save enough energy to light 2.6 million homes for a year and more than $566 million in annual energy costs.
3. Give You the Quality You Deserve: To earn the ENERGY STAR, LED bulbs must demonstrate they can meet consumer expectations, delivering on brightness, color quality and being able to shine light in all directions.
4. Last a Really Long Time: Certified bulbs last at least 15 times longer.
5. Protect the Planet: If everyone in the U.S. replaced a light bulb with one that has earned the ENERGY STAR, we would prevent nearly 7 billion pounds of greenhouse gas emissions per year, equivalent to the emissions from 650,000 cars.
Still not convinced? Check out the Gallery of Dim Bulbs, and see why ENERGY STAR is the simple choice for energy efficiency. There’s even a hilarious nod to energy-saving zombies for all of you Walking Dead fans!