Back to School with ENERGY STAR
It’s hard to believe, but the beginning of a new school year is right around the corner, and the kids will be heading back to class before you know it. Stores across the country already have the school supplies out, and parents are hitting the aisles to pick up everything from pens and paper to laptops and mini refrigerators. But before you head out to the stores, ask yourself one question… is ENERGY STAR on your list? School supplies that have earned the trusted blue label will save your family energy and money, allowing your children to do their part in protecting the environment as they rise to the top of the class. Whether your student is heading to college or elementary school, you will find that many of your must-have items can save energy and help protect the environment all school year long.
The ENERGY STAR Back-to-School Shopping List
- Computers, Laptops, Tablets and More: These days a computer is probably the #1 item on just about every student’s back-to-school list. If you are in the market, looking for a model that has earned the ENERGY STAR can help your student use 60% less energy.
- Imaging Equipment: If you are using a computer a printer is probably next on your must-have list. Print out your next book report using a product that has earned the ENERGY STAR. ENERGY STAR certified imaging products like printers and scanners are 30% more efficient than conventional models.
- Small Network Equipment (SNE): You can’t research that upcoming term paper without the products that enable your computer to connect to the net. SNE products like modems and routers that earn the ENERGY STAR use 20 percent less energy than conventional models, on average.
- Mini-Refrigerators: Late nights spent studying make a mini-fridge one of the most important items in a college dorm room. Look for the ENERGY STAR label to find a model that is about 9% more energy efficient that standard models.
- Light Bulbs: You can’t even begin to study for that big test if you don’t have good lighting. Did you know that ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs use 70-90% less energy than incandescent bulbs, and last at least 15 times longer? Grab some today and save nearly $55 in electricity costs over each bulb’s lifetime.
For information on all ENEGYSTAR certified products, check out the ENERGY STAR website.