'Tis the Season for Last Minute Shopping
If you still have gifts left to purchase on your holiday shopping list, you are not alone. According to the National Retail Federation, 56% of shoppers (about 134 million people), plan to shop this weekend on “Super Saturday,” the last Saturday before Christmas. And of those who have yet to finish a significant portion of their shopping list, 44% are still deciding what to buy. If you fall into that group, have no fear, because ENERGY STAR has you covered. Check out our short list of must-haves presents for the holiday season and give your loved ones the gifts that truly keep on giving.
ENERGY STAR’s Top Holiday Gifts for the Last-Minute Shopper
- Gifts for the Entertainment Lover: There is no better gift for the entertainment lover in your life than an ENERGY STAR certified television. They offer all the cutting-edge features and are on average 27% more energy efficient than standard models! A home equipped with TVs, set-top boxes, a Blu Ray player and a sound system that have earned the ENERGY STAR can save nearly $140 over the life of the products.
- A soundbar: You’ll hear the sounds of savings this holiday season if you choose an ENERGY STAR certified sound bar, which uses about 70% less energy than a conventional model.
- Wireless speakers: Certified models are on average 44% more efficient than conventional models.
- Gifts for the Techie in Your Life: There is a very good chance that someone on your list is looking for a laptop, tablet or desktop computer this holiday season. With ENERGY STAR you can make their wishes come true and make a difference for the planet.
- Depending on how they’re used, ENERGY STAR certified laptops/desktops use as much as 60 percent less energy without sacrificing quality or performance.
- ENERGY STAR certified products that enable streaming—modems, routers, set top boxes, digital media players (DMP), tablets, laptops, computers, TVs, and smart TVs—use 25% less energy on average.
- Gifts for the Homeowner: Whether it’s for your place or someone else’s home, household appliances are always a needed gift during the holiday season. Here are a couple of great gift ideas:
- A New Clothes Washer/Dryer: Using 33% less water and 25% less energy, an ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer could save $370 in utility bills over its lifetime. An electric clothes dryer that has earned the label uses 20% less energy and could save you about $200 over the lifetime of the product.
- A Smart Thermostat: ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats provide enhanced comfort in your home by allowing you to control temperatures based on your preferences and lifestyle – and still save energy. Smart thermostats that have earned the ENERGY STAR are independently certified to deliver energy savings based on extensive field data, and ensure reliable performance and convenience, insight and control.
- The Perfect Stocking Stuffer: With all the affordable LED bulbs available these days, you can give the gift of reliable savings and great lighting by looking for the little blue ENERGY STAR label. A single ENERGY STAR certified LED lightbulb uses 70-90% less energy than incandescent bulbs, lasts at least 13 years with typical use, and saves about $80 over its lifetime.
Still need more ideas? Check out www.ENERGYSTAR.gov/products for more great products that will help your loved ones save energy, money, and the planet. Happy Holidays!