#BestGift Ideas for the Person Who Has it All
We have all been there…walking up and down the aisles of your favorite go-to holiday shopping spot, desperately looking for a gift for the one who already has it all. State of the art big-screen TV? It’s already installed in his basement. The hottest new wireless speakers? She purchased those months ago. The latest tablet to hit the market? He ordered it before you even knew that it existed. So, what can you possibly get for the person who already has it all? This year it’s time to try something new. Give your loved ones the gift of energy efficiency with ENERGY STAR certified lighting.
I know what you are thinking…why on earth would I give someone a LIGHT BULB for a holiday gift? But, with certified bulbs using 70-90% less energy AND lasting at least 15 times longer, this may be the one gift that truly keeps on giving. Check out all the reasons why this year is the right year to give the gift of ENERGY STAR lighting.
ENERGY STAR’s #BestGifts List for Lighting
- Looking for that perfect stocking stuffer? Savings are always a hit with an ENERGY STAR certified LED bulb. And what better time than the holidays to light up your home with affordable ENERGY STAR certified technology? In fact, a single ENERGY STAR certified LED lightbulb lasts at least 12 years with typical use and saves about $55 in electricity costs over its lifetime.
- ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs are the feel-good gift of the season, offering great performance, long life and up to 90% energy savings.
- Confused about which ENERGY STAR bulb is right for you? Use the mobile ENERGY STAR Choose a Light Guide to easily navigate all the options.
- ENERGY STAR certified light fixtures are available in designs to fit any décor and come in hundreds of decorative styles.
- Choose from ENERGY STAR fixtures with standard, screw-in sockets or cool new designs that come with LED light sources integrated right into the fixture design.
- If every American replaced one light bulb this holiday season with on that has earned the ENERGY STAR, we would save enough energy to light 2.6 million homes for a year and prevent nearly 7 billion pounds of greenhouse gas emissions.
Don’t forget: the best gifts are also good for the environment. Look for the ENERGY STAR to save energy, save money and help protect the climate. And don’t forget to choose ENERGY STAR when shopping for your holiday lights--decorative light strings that have earned the ENERGY STAR use 75 percent less energy than an incandescent light string. Happy shopping!