Benefits of Building ENERGY STAR Certified Homes and Apartments
Today’s homebuyers and renters are looking for assurance that their homes and apartments are energy-efficient. Join thousands of builders and developers across the country that are using U.S. EPA’s trusted ENERGY STAR label, recognized by more than 90% of Americans, to give their clients confidence that they have made the right choice.
Builder & Developer Benefits
Improve Your Construction Process. Participating in the ENERGY STAR program can help you improve your construction process.
- Reduce your construction costs: Building ENERGY STAR certified homes and apartments will reduce your lumber costs and offer cost savings through right-sized HVAC units.
- Minimize costly call backs and retain residents: ENERGY STAR builders report that they experience a reduction in comfort-related complaints. Multifamily property managers report more satisfied residents who stay in their apartments longer.
- Standardize your building practices: Using ENERGY STAR’s program requirements, you can help standardize specs for subcontractors for bidding and work performance purposes.
- Obtain industry vetted support: EPA can provide you with best practices from builders and developers across the country and for your specific climate.
Sell More Homes & Rent More Quickly. Partnering with ENERGY STAR gives you access to a number of free ENERGY STAR sales and marketing resources that can help you sell more homes or lease your multifamily apartments more quickly.
- Co-brand with ENERGY STAR: Display the ENERGY STAR logo with your own company’s logo.
- Turn-key Marketing and Sales Training Tools: Use free marketing collateral and sales training resources to help position yourself as an ENERGY STAR builder or developer.
- Awards and Recognition: Stand out from your competition by receiving national recognition from the EPA.
Visit the Partner Locator to find active ENERGY STAR partners and incentives near you.
Builder & Developer Partnership Types
- Single-family Homebuilder – An organization or individual that builds single-family homes that are primarily constructed on-site.
- Multifamily Builder/Developer – An organization that constructs multifamily buildings of any height or number of units.
- Factory Builder/Plant – An organization that produces and/or installs manufactured homes. Learn more.
Becoming an ENERGY STAR partner is easy. Simply fill out an ENERGY STAR Partnership Agreement. There is no cost to partner with ENERGY STAR or use ENERGY STAR promotional materials.