Online training for MFHR Developer Partners, Licensed Professionals, modelers, and other program participants.
Overview of Resources
The Training modules below include the live webinar calendar, slides, and audio recordings that provide in-depth guidance on various aspects of the ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise Program.
These files are helpful tools that can be accessed online or downloaded and viewed at your convenience. The downloadable presentations can also be provided to energy professionals, modelers, and other subcontractors for clarification on the program guidelines, protocols, and required documentation..
Live Webinar Calendar
To register, click on the corresponding date and time below and complete the registration form.
Ideas for topics? Email us.
Click on the hyperlinks below to view recorded webinars and presentations. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
For All Program Participants
- Changes to Earning the ENERGY STAR for Your Multifamily Project (PDF, 3 MB)
Multifamily new construction projects currently get certified through either the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program or the ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise program. To better serve the multifamily sector, EPA is creating a single ENERGY STAR multifamily program by merging the current requirements and adopting the most appropriate from each. See the Multifamily Specification Development page for more information. These slides present the rationale and overall framework and give an overview of the updated proposed technical requirements based upon stakeholder feedback from the end of 2017.
- Proposed New Market-Based MFHR Review Process (PDF, 422 KB)
EPA is transitioning to a new market-based project review process for multifamily high rise projects to earn the ENERGY STAR label. Under the new process, project teams work directly with an EPA-recognized organization for the review and approval of their submissions. These slides discuss the original proposal. See the MFHR Review Organization page for more information on the final process and Application.
- Introduction to Earning the ENERGY STAR for MFHR Projects (PPT, 9.22 MB)
Provides an introduction to the process of earning the ENERGY STAR including building eligibility, partnership requirements, and how to participate (12 minutes).
- Overview of ENERGY STAR for MFHR Requirements (PPT, 5.26 MB)
Provides an overview of the technical requirements for earning the ENERGY STAR.
- Introduction to the Performance Path (YouTube Video) | Introduction to the Performance Path (PPT, 2.38 MB)
Provides an in-depth review of the program's Performance Path requirements and prerequisites.
- Introduction to the Prescriptive Path (YouTube Video) | Introduction to the Prescriptive Path (PPT, 2.38 MB)
Provides an in-depth review of the program's Prescriptive Path requirements.
For Licensed Professionals and Energy Modelers
- Using the ENERGY STAR MFHR Simulation Guidelines (YouTube Video) | Using the ENERGY STAR MFHR Simulation Guidelines (PPT, 4.84 MB)
Provides an in-depth review of the energy modeling guidelines to assist energy modelers in developing the Baseline Building Design, Proposed Building Design, and As-Built models for each project.
- Using the Performance Path Calculator (YouTube Video)
Provides an in-depth review for modelers on how to use the Performance Path Calculator to generate model inputs.
For Licensed Professionals, Energy Professionals, and Verifiers
- Testing & Verification Protocols Part I (YouTube Video) | Testing & Verification Protocols Part I (PPT, 13.3 MB)
Provides an introduction to the Testing & Verification (T&V) Protocols.
- Testing & Verification Protocols Part II (YouTube Video) | Testing & Verification Protocols Part II (PPT, 9.43 MB)
Provides an in-depth review of the inspection, testing, and verification requirements for appliances, domestic hot water systems, envelope, garages, and heating and cooling systems.
- Testing & Verification Protocols Part III (YouTube Video) | Testing & Verification Protocols Part III (PPT, 8.70 MB)
Provides an in-depth review of the inspection, testing, and verification requirements for interior and exterior lighting, motors, ventilation and infiltration, and metering.
- Using the Testing & Verification Worksheets (YouTube Video)
Provides an in-depth review of how to use the Testing & Verification Worksheets to document that each energy conservation measure and prerequisite is installed to specification.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org