EPA highlights partners’ achievements in building, rating, sponsoring, and marketing ENERGY STAR certified new homes and apartments through its Partner Locator and national awards.
The Partner Locator provides a complete list of all active ENERGY STAR partners who are building, verifying, developing, and promoting certified homes and apartments. To remain active and on this web-based list, partners must certify at least one new home or apartment as ENERGY STAR within the past 12-months.
EPA has set this minimum requirement to ensure that when consumers consult EPA’s resources, they will find partners who are actively participating in the program. In addition to listing active partners, EPA will provide a link from the Partner Locator to partners’ web sites if they meet the eligibility requirements.
Additional Partner Locator Recognition
EPA offers special recognition to builders and developers that commit to building 100% of their homes and apartments to be ENERGY STAR certified. Eligible builders and developers can make the 100% commitment by updating their partner information in their My ENERGY STAR Account (MESA). This commitment is denoted with a special 100% icon () and a priority listing on the ENERGY STAR Partner Locator.
Builders can track the number of ENERGY STAR certified homes reported to EPA by their Energy Rating Company or by visiting MESA.
If you experience any problems enrolling or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Partner of the Year Awards
Each year, EPA honors a group of businesses and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to protecting the environment through superior energy efficiency achievements. Builders, developers, Energy Rating Companies, utilities, and sponsors that meet certain criteria are eligible to apply for this prestigious award.
- Energy Efficiency Program Delivery – Residential New Construction: All active Homes Energy Efficiency Program Sponsor (EEPS) partners.
- New Home Builder: All active and 100% committed builder and developer partners with at least 50 ENERGY STAR certified homes and/or apartments (market rate) or with at least 25 ENERGY STAR certified homes and/or apartments (affordable/low-income) in the previous calendar year.
- New Home Energy Rating Company: All active energy rating company partners with at least 50 ENERGY STAR certified homes and/or apartments in the previous calendar year.
- Multifamily High Rise (MFHR) Developers: All active multifamily high rise developer partners with at least one of the following:
- Submitted a Proposed Design Submittal or As-Built Submittal in the previous two calendar years;
- Used ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager to benchmark at least one building in the previous calendar year that was certified through the ENERGY STAR MFHR program; and/or
- Have a project pursuing ENERGY STAR certification through the NYSERDA Multifamily New Construction Program that had a design approved or was certified in the previous two calendar years.
Learn more about the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award.
Residential New Construction Market Leader Awards
Each year, EPA recognizes builders, developers, Energy Rating Companies, utilities, and sponsors that build, verify, or sponsor 50 ENERGY STAR certified homes and/or apartments in the calendar year. [Note, only builder and developer partners that are 100% committed for that given year will be recognized.]