ENERGY STAR Commercial Kitchen Equipment Tools, Materials and Resources
ENERGY STAR certified commercial kitchen equipment helps café, restaurant, and institutional kitchen operators save energy by cutting energy, water and maintenance costs without sacrificing features, quality, or style. In many cases, improvements in energy and water efficiency enhance performance and extend product lifetime while lowering operating costs.
ENERGY STAR has a range of tools to help you locate rebates, find products, review specification and search for equipment dealers in your area.
- ENERGY STAR Rebate Finder: Easily accessible, user-friendly search tool to find ENERGY STAR rebates. Search by entering your zip code.
- ENERGY STAR Product Finder: Search for products and filter based on product type, features, and technology. Compare product features for up to four items. View, filter, export and more with the advanced view.
- ENERGY STAR Specification Search: Search for product specification requirements, find information on the specification version and effective date, and identify new specifications under development.
- Where to Buy List - ENERGY STAR Dealer and Distributor Partner List: Locate dealers near you that have partnered with ENERGY STAR.
- CFS Equipment Calculator (EXCEL, 359 KB)
Commercial Kitchen Equipment Sell Sheets
These resource documents allow dealers, designers, consultants, and manufacturers to quickly explain the key selling points for ENERGY STAR certified models to potential customers (e.g., anticipated lifetime and annual savings estimates, range of utility rebates available, design approaches to reduce energy consumption, examples of additional benefits for end users).
- ENERGY STAR CFS Equipment Savings Overview (PDF, 187 KB)
- Commercial Dishwashers (PDF, 179 KB)
- Commercial Fryers (PDF, 188 KB)
- Commercial Griddles (PDF, 175 KB)
- Commercial Hot Food Holding Cabinets (PDF, 185 KB)
- Commercial Ice Makers (PDF, 173 KB)
- Commercial Ovens (PDF, 183 KB)
- Commercial Refrigerators and Freezers (PDF, 168 KB)
- Commercial Steam Cookers (PDF, 210 KB)
- Commercial Coffee Brewers (PDF, 183 KB)
The training resources below are intended for equipment dealers, commercial kitchen designers, consultants, and restaurant operators. The content will help you communicate effectively about the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified equipment.
- ENERGY STAR Dealer and Distributor Toolkit (PDF, 510 KB)
- ENERGY STAR Guide for Cafes, Restaurants, and Institutional Kitchens (PDF, 5.8 MB)
- Standard (PDF, 5.4 MB)
- Co-brandable with customizable logo space (PDF, 5.3 MB)
- Commercial Kitchen Equipment Case Studies: See how other organizations are incorporating ENERGY STAR certified commercial kitchen equipment into their facilities and the savings they have achieved.
- Subscribe here
- Winter 2022 (PDF, 581 KB)
- Spring 2022 (PDF, 483 KB)
- Fall 2021 (PDF, 683 KB)
- Spring 2021 (PDF, 483 KB)
- Fall 2020 (PDF, 572 KB)
- Spring/Summer 2020 (535 KB)
- Winter 2020 (PDF, 506 KB)
- Fall 2019 (HTML)
- Summer 2019 (PDF, 247 KB)
- Spring 2019 (PDF, 340 KB)
- Fall 2018 (PDF, 238 KB)
- Spring 2018 (PDF, 254 KB)
ENERGY STAR Partner Resources
- Partner Resources
- ENERGY STAR Brand and Logo Use Guidelines: Provides logo use guidelines and describes the implementation of a strong and distinctive identity for ENERGY STAR.
- ENERGY STAR Awards: Information about the ENERGY STAR Awards for partners interested in applying for recognition for their ENERGY STAR program achievements.
- ENERGY STAR Partner Meetings: ENERGY STAR hosts meetings for partners and industry to gather to discuss new program initiatives, product specifications or other outreach activities. In addition, these meetings offer ENERGY STAR partners the opportunity to network with others to develop relationships and collaborations to promote ENERGY STAR.
Become an ENERGY STAR Partner
- How a Product Earns the Label
- Third-party Certification
- Verification Testing
- Become an ENERGY STAR Brand Owner Partner
Dealers and Distributors
As an ENERGY STAR retail partner and commercial kitchen equipment dealer, ENERGY STAR dealer partners commit to stocking a wide range of ENERGY STAR certified products for commercial kitchens.
ENERGY STAR Commercial and Industrial Resources
- Purchasing Energy-Saving Products
- ENERGY STAR for Restaurants
- ENERGY STAR for Grocery and Convenience Stores
- ENERGY STAR for Lodging
Training Resources for Utilities
- CFS Program Administrator Guide (PDF, 1.4 MB)