The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is pleased to announce that planning is underway for the 2017 ENERGY STAR Products Partner Meeting for Appliances, Electronics, Lighting, HVAC, and Water Heaters. This year’s meeting will take place Monday, October 23 – Wednesday, October 25, 2017, in Chicago, Illinois.
The three day meeting will include plenary sessions with policy and program updates at the national, regional, and local levels; topical sessions to expand on certain plenary topics and address a range of product-specific issues; campaign and communications sessions; an ENERGY STAR Expo; and the opportunity to organize and conduct one-on-one networking meetings and interact with other ENERGY STAR stakeholders.
The meeting is open to all ENERGY STAR partners and stakeholders. Attendees will include:
- Utilities and other energy efficiency program sponsors implementing or interested in developing ENERGY STAR programs;
- Retail partners promoting ENERGY STAR appliance, electronics, lighting, HVAC, or water heater products;
- Manufacturing partners producing ENERGY STAR appliance, electronics, lighting, HVAC, or water heater products;
- Organizations involved in the ENERGY STAR Third Party Certification program; and
- Other organizations active in the energy efficiency community.
- As in 2016, the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Stakeholder Meeting will be held October 23-25, at the same location.
- New in 2017, EPA is pleased to announce that the ENERGY STAR Commercial and Industrial Program will also be offering a stakeholder meeting at this location and during the same date range.
New! FINAL AGENDA
Time Sensitive! TWO-WEEK SLEEPING ROOM CUTOFF
In what has become a tradition over the past several years, Sears is partnering with a national nonprofit that has been working for more than 40 years to transform the lives of low-income homeowners by improving the safety and health of their homes and revitalizing communities to offer a voluntary community service event the day before the 2017 ENERGY STAR Products Partner Meeting.
On Sunday, October 22, Sears volunteers will come together to provide critical repairs—including installing ENERGY STAR certified products and other energy efficiency measures—to the Eddie Beard Veteran’s House in Chicago. The Eddie Beard house provides housing for military Veterans and helps residents in finding permanent income and housing.
If you would like to participate as a volunteer in helping install these upgrades on the day before the Partner Meeting, please click here for additional details and a registration link. Volunteer organizations will be included in volunteer t-shirts and signage at the project site, and there will be a media event to recognize everyone’s support on the afternoon of October 22. Please contact Paul Campbell, Director-Sustainability/Green Leadership with Sears Holdings Corporation, at Paul.Campbell@searshc.com with any questions.
Registration for the 2017 ENERGY STAR Products Partner Meeting is now open! To register, please click on the blue “Click and Register” button.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the online system will only be available until October 10, 2017. EPA strongly encourages partners to register well in advance of this date. Benefits of registering early include:
- Receipt of all final meeting materials one week prior to the meeting (these are only sent to attendees who registered online);
- Advance notice to your peers that you will be attending the meeting, allowing them to connect with you in advance to arrange one-on-one networking sessions and other meetings;
- Inclusion of your name and organization in the online meeting participant list that is updated in real time on the online meeting registration page, and distributed via email to all registered attendees immediately prior to the meeting; and
- Pre-printed name badges for faster onsite check-in.
After October 10th, attendees will only be able to register for the meeting onsite. Please also note that after October 10th, cancellations and registration refunds cannot be accepted under any circumstances, due to hotel commitments.
For sleeping room reservations, please see section four (4) below.
Sleeping rooms at the Sheraton Grand Chicago are going fast. Rooms are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis, so please make your arrangements as soon as possible.
Meeting location: The Sheraton Grand Chicago
301 East North Water Street
Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60611
To book your rooms at the Sheraton Grand Chicago:
- Call reservations directly at 1-888-627-7105 and refer to “ENERGY STAR” or
- Go to 2017 ENERGY STAR Partner Meetings to link to a personalized web site for the ENERGY STAR room block.
Sleeping room rates (all applicable state and local taxes are additional):
- $279/night - single/double
- $309/night - triple
- $339/night - quad
- Rates will be available 3 days prior and 3 days after the event, subject to availability at the time of reservation.
The hotel’s cut-off date for reserving rooms in the ENERGY STAR room block is October 1, 2017. Rooms are limited and available on a first come, first served basis so please make your arrangements as soon as possible.
As in past years, EPA is offering attendees a number of rooms to conduct independent meetings over the meeting dates. For information on scheduling a meeting room, please see the one-on-one networking session guidelines. Please note that in order to provide all partners equal access to these rooms, EPA has limited the initial number of slots available to each requestor, with additional slots offered subject to availability.
EPA is working with the Sheraton Grand Chicago to make the 2017 ENERGY STAR Products Partner Meeting as resource efficient as possible by looking for ways to reduce the level of resources associated with meetings. In 2017, offerings include a range of guest room conservation measures, as well as facility energy efficiency, water conservation, and recycling programs. Additional information on the Sheraton Grand Chicago’s environmental program can be found here (PDF, 122KB).
Paperless Meeting Effort
In order to reduce printing and shipping costs associated with meeting materials, EPA invites meeting participants to join the effort to go paperless for the 2017 ENERGY STAR Products Partner Meeting. As in past years, EPA will email all attendees who register online final meeting materials the week before the meeting. Each individual can choose to print only those materials they deem most critical.
A hard copy of the meeting agenda will still be provided to all attendees on-site.
Due to updated administrative guidelines, EPA is unable to offer co-sponsorship opportunities for the 2017 ENERGY STAR Products Partner Meeting.
Partner-hosted events and other gatherings offered in conjunction with the ENERGY STAR Products Partner Meeting offer value-added networking opportunities for program stakeholders after each day’s sessions have ended. With no official sponsor reception taking place as part of the meeting this year, EPA is happy to share information on any partner-hosted events open to all meeting attendees in future meeting materials and communications. Interested partners should contact Elizabeth Caiafa, ICF, at Elizabeth.Caiafa@icf.com.
Meeting updates will be emailed to partners as they become available and will also be posted on this page. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Caiafa at Elizabeth.Caiafa@icf.com.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the 2017 ENERGY STAR Products Partner Meeting in Chicago, Illinois!
Please visit the ENERGY STAR Meetings Archive to learn about past meetings.
Updated September 15, 2017