Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
ProVia is a leading efficient window and door manufacturer. ProVia has continued to provide ENERGY STAR marketing and educational content over many years and worked to make its own facilities environmentally friendly. ProVia is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence for its continual performance improvement and its window and door products each year and commitment to educational activities. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Participating in the 2016 ENERGY STAR Brighten a Life campaign, partnering with Thompson Creek Window and Fairfax County Public Schools, VA, with the “Sammy the Star” ENERGY STAR Educational program. More than 1,100 students were educated about saving energy and encouraged to change to light-emitting diode (LED) light bulbs. The program donated LED light bulbs to students and Habitat for Humanity.
- Using EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® software to monitor facility energy usage and savings for its window manufacturing facility. In addition, this manufacturing facility has solar panels, saving the company 156,104 kilowatt hours (kWh), reflecting a 14-percent increase in kWhs saved since 2015.
- Training all employees at the company on the ENERGY STAR program, as well as more than 10,000 distributor and retailer employees.
- Increasing ENERGY STAR promotion at the community level by shipping 22,150 homeowner kits containing ENERGY STAR consumer educational brochures, a 16-percent increase from 2015 levels.
- Participating in a county manufacturing camp for 7th and 8th graders, which focused on core competencies in manufacturing including “quality” and how it relates to brand image, production efficiencies, and the performance of ENERGY STAR certified windows.