Southwestern Electric Power Company (AEP SWEPCO)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Southwestern Electric Power Company (AEP SWEPCO) currently serves approximately 530,000 customers in three states: Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas. SWEPCO launched a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® (HPwES) program in its Arkansas jurisdiction in 2012. SWEPCO is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its regional leadership and its ongoing support for HPwES. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Collaborating with Black Hills Energy, a natural gas utility, to provide joint contractor mentoring, outreach, and quality assurance to expand the reach of HPwES to a new territory.
- Expanding the HPwES program to more SWEPCO customers with greater incentives.
- Creating a no-additional-cost HPwES offering that includes an energy assessment, attic and wall insulation, duct and air sealing, and direct install measures.
- Reaching renters and multifamily dwellers by incentivizing owners to improve units with HPwES.
- Issuing a Request for Qualifications to develop a robust network of HPwES participating contractors that can reach previously unserved territory.
- Expanding HPwES participating contractor training and mentoring to maintain success of all participating contractors.