Beazer Homes USA, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Beazer Homes USA, Inc., with operations in 13 states, has been part of the ENERGY STAR® program since 1998. Beazer Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its promotion of and corporate commitment to building only ENERGY STAR certified homes. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 3,900 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total of more than 48,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes since joining the program.
- Producing three professional video testimonials from new homeowners, six blog posts about energy efficiency, and garnering more than 12,000 YouTube channel views.
- Trademarking the continued success of the “Show Me the Bunny” campaign in the Houston Division, which showed the effectiveness of spray foam insulation and its ability to keep homes cool and withstand Texas temperatures. The chocolate bunny did not melt in a Beazer attic!
- Beginning a two-year ventilation study to improve indoor air quality in humid climates, while focusing all energy efficiency initiatives on staying ahead of emerging energy codes and reducing consumers’ energy costs. Beazer Homes are currently about 35 percent more efficient than code-built homes.
- Conducting an energy efficiency survey of consumers and real estate professionals for feedback regarding optional or standard energy efficiency features that will be used for future planning.