New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
Albany, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), a public benefit corporation, helps New York residents increase energy efficiency and save money. NYSERDA’s Residential Energy Efficiency Program increases awareness and demand for the implementation of energy efficiency services, ENERGY STAR® products, and advanced technologies. NYSERDA is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its ongoing support of Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) and ENERGY STAR Certified Homes. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Offering HPwES for 15 years, (since the inception of the program), and serving as an instrumental partner throughout the programs’ history.
- Completing more than 22,000 energy assessments, increasing the number of completed HPwES projects to more than 11,300 in 2016, an increase of 32 percent over 2015.
- Introducing a tiered interested rate structure, based on household income for financing of residential energy efficiency improvements, to give low income applicants access to lower interest rates and allowing NYSERDA to offer financing to all income sectors, while focusing on households that otherwise would not have access in the private lending market.
- Providing HPwES participating contractors a 10-percent incentive for completed work in market-rate households.
- Deploying an online loan application and tracking system used by both customers and contractors.
- Offering incentives for more than 1,800 ENERGY STAR certified homes and apartments, for a total of 27,040 since NYSERDA joined the program.