Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Efficiency Vermont, the nation’s first statewide energy efficiency utility, has been working to help Vermonters save energy and protect the environment since 2000. Efficiency Vermont is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its leadership in promoting energy efficient solutions to residential customers through ENERGY STAR certified products, the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program, and the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Driving home the efficiency, quality, and longevity benefits of ENERGY STAR certified lighting with increased market and media outreach, training, and events during a period when low priced light-emitting diode (LED) lighting products of uncertain quality were entering the marketplace.
- Being among the first utilities in the nation to launch the ENERGY STAR Retail Products Platform, a new approach to bringing energy efficient products to consumers by asking retailers to take a more comprehensive view of energy efficient products and targeting incentives toward increased inventory of ENERGY STAR certified products across multiple product categories.
- Lowering energy burdens for low income customers by leveraging the ENERGY STAR Brighten a Life campaign in a call to action in which every ENERGY STAR certified LED bulb purchased in Vermont in October was matched with a donation of another ENERGY STAR certified LED bulb to be distributed to low income consumers.
- Delivering, through its efficient products program, 27,000 megawatt hours (MWh) of energy savings, nearly 2,500 kilowatts (kW) of summer demand savings, and 6,000 kW of winter demand savings through the third quarter of 2016.
- Ensuring the success of Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) contractors by calibrating their instruments and separating the staff roles of mentor and quality assurance designee.
- Leading the industry in sharing and valuing energy efficiency data at real estate point-of-sale. Efficiency Vermont is participating in the development of the Home Energy Labeling Information eXchange (HELIX), a database capable of automatically populating real estate listings with home energy information.
- Supporting the construction of more than 70 ENERGY STAR certified homes and increasing the number of participating builders by 15 percent.