Sears Holdings Corporation
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Sears Holdings Corporation is the top home appliance retailer and a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment, and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its longstanding commitment to ENERGY STAR across all business units. By marketing and merchandising ENERGY STAR products, adopting superior energy management across its building portfolio, and driving awareness of energy efficiency through consumer education, Sears’ efforts exemplify an ongoing commitment to leveraging its retail capabilities and maximizing energy efficiency in the marketplace. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Working with suppliers to deliver an increased selection of ENERGY STAR products store-wide, leading to an overall sales increase of certified products.
- Implementing targeted marketing for key innovative product areas, such as ENERGY STAR certified Heat Pump Water Heaters, leading to an 18-percent increase in sales over last year.
- Earning the ENERGY STAR for 40 full-line stores in 2015 for a total of 646 certified buildings portfolio wide.
- Improving weather-normalized source energy use by 6.2 percent in its full-line stores and raising its portfolio average ENERGY STAR score from 75 to 77.
- Competing in the ENERGY STAR National Building Competition for the sixth year, this time with five teams entered in the 2015 Battle of the Buildings: Team Challenge.
- Highlighting participation in ENERGY STAR programs through events such as a Sears’ ENERGY STAR event, which raises awareness about the program, an Earth Day event showcasing ENERGY STAR products, and the Sears Summit.
- Delivering numerous national presentations with EPA to facilitate important national collaboration between retailers and utilities, such as the ENERGY STAR Retail Action Council and the ENERGY STAR Retail Products Platform pilot.