Find the Treasure Campaign
During an Energy Treasure Hunt, teams walk around a facility looking for quick ways to save energy. Those quick fixes can add up to big savings. Are you and your crew ready to find the treasure buried within your facilities?
Join the Campaign
The annual ENERGY STAR® Treasure Hunt campaign is a collaborative quest to uncover the untapped potential for energy savings in America’s commercial and industrial facilities. Since 2019 over $40 million in energy savings has been found!
You can join in! Simply undertake one or more Energy Treasure Hunts this year and tell us what you found. By participating, you will help demonstrate the value of energy efficiency and inspire others to take action!
How to Participate
Facility owners, operators, and managers
- Step 1: Use our resources to plan and execute one or more treasure hunts
- Step 2: Submit a summary of your savings below using the submission form link.
Promoters (governments, associations, utilities, service and product providers)
- Step 1: Encourage or help organizations you work with to conduct treasure hunts.
- Step 2: When these organizations share their results, make sure they reference you in box 14: “How did your hear about the treasure hunt?”
- Step 3: Send an email to email@example.com if you would like to be featured on the Promoter tab.
Rules and eligibility
- Any organization that has conducted a treasure hunt can participate.
- You can do treasure hunts at multiple buildings/plants but must report savings for each site separately.
- Your organization must be based in the United States. Sites outside the U.S. can submit results if the parent organization is U.S.-based.
- You can tailor the ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt approach to meet your needs.
- Third parties, such as energy service companies and utilities, can submit the results of a Treasure Hunt on behalf of customers.
Help Fill the Chest!
Complete the form below to share a summary of your savings and earn recognition for your participation. To report results for multiple sites, download this Multisite Submission Form (EXCEL, 427 KB) and send the completed version to firstname.lastname@example.org. See Eligibility for a full list of rules and restrictions.
Sponsors and participants that submit their summary findings will:
- Be featured on www.energystar.gov/treasurehunt in emails to ENERGY STAR stakeholders
- Receive a printable certificate noting their contributions
- When you contribute your savings to the treasure chest, you can demonstrate all the possibilities of treasure hunts and inspire others to dig for their own hidden energy treasure.
2019 marked the inaugural year of the Treasure Hunt campaign. See who has participated and the savings they found since then.