ENERGY STAR offers a variety of energy management tools and resources that SEM programs can use.
Encouraging SEM program participants to pursue external recognition helps to maintain the focus on continuous improvement. Earning recognition helps to validate SEM investments and build management support. ENERGY STAR offers a variety of recognition opportunities for manufacturers that SEM programs can recommend to their customers:
- Find the Treasure in your Facility campaign
- ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry
- ENERGY STAR plant certification
Energy Treasure Hunt Resources
Identifying operational and behavioral energy saving opportunities is often an objective for SEM programs and is the focus of an Energy Treasure Hunt. ENERGY STAR provides guidance and tools to support treasure hunts that SEM programs are welcome to use and share with program participants. Additionally, sites that conduct treasure hunts are encourage to participate in the Find the Treasure campaign.
Energy Management Resources
Hundreds of organizations have used ENERGY STAR energy management resources to build or strengthen their energy management practices. The ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management helped inform ISO 50001 and many SEM program implementers have adapted our assessment matrixes for their program needs. Popular resources include:
- Build an energy program
- ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management
- Energy Program Assessment Matrix (corporate program)
- Facility Energy Program Assessment Matrix (single plant program)
- Small Company Assessment Matrix (small manufacturing company program)
- Co-branded plant posters for communicating energy-efficient best practices
- Managing Energy Strategically with ENERGY STAR (video series)