Air King Limited
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Climate Communications
Air King, Ltd., has been producing ventilation products for more than 40 years and is an industry leader with offices in the United States, Canada, and China. Air King is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its leadership in communicating the importance of saving energy and preventing climate change with ENERGY STAR.
Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Dedicating Web pages and holding a climate change Twitter party that garnered more than 150 participants and reached more than 200,000 people.
- Encouraging 536 people to take ENERGY STAR’s Change the World campaign pledge.
- Conducting two ENERGY STAR training seminars for its employees where the benefits of ENERGY STAR were explained as well as tips provided for saving energy at work.
- Partnering with blog Hill House Rock to educate consumers about the importance of preventing climate change.
- Adding a climate change calculator to its home page to teach an average of more than 5,000 people per month about how to reduce their carbon footprint. Air King’s Web page links to EPA’s climate change information as well as the WaterSense program to provide consumers with helpful information.
- Dedicating ENERGY STAR-focused contractor days in California, Nevada, and Pennsylvania to educate distributors, contractors and consumers about the benefits of using ENERGY STAR certified products and the importance of saving energy and preventing climate change.
- Partnering with the Delaware County Technical School’s electrician program to provide a class on the benefits of ENERGY STAR, saving energy, and preventing climate change in the electrician field.