New Mexico Gas Company
Albuquerque, New Mexico
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New Mexico Gas Company (NMGC) provides natural gas services to more than half a million residential customers throughout the state of New Mexico. NMGC estimates that 80 percent of residents in its service territory rely on natural gas, primarily for water and home heating. NMGC is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its successful efforts to reduce natural gas demand by developing a well-informed program strategy to promote energy-efficient water and space heating equipment and for successfully leveraging ENERGY STAR in educating customers and suppliers to achieve its goals. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Developing strategies to overcome key barriers preventing greater uptake of efficient options in its service territories.
- Growing its trade ally network—recruiting 68 participating contractors for its furnace program and 49 participating contractors for its tankless water heater program—and educating them on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products and incentives available through NMGC to help overcome higher initial cost.
- Exceeding annual program goals by facilitating the sale of 700 ENERGY STAR certified furnaces, saving 59,900 to 74,200 therms.
- Facilitating the sale and installation of 525 ENERGY STAR tankless water heaters, saving 36,750 therms.
- Incorporating the ENERGY STAR mark on all program materials including recruitment documents, consumer brochures, advertisements and point-of-sale marketing materials, and relevant portions of its website.