Meritage Homes Corporation
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Meritage Homes Corporation, one of the largest builders in the country, has championed the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program as the baseline for every home it builds, and incorporates ENERGY STAR throughout its marketing and sales materials. Meritage is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to educating its employees, industry stakeholders, and the public about the value and benefits of energy efficiency. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Completing 4,600 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2013, which will save nearly 36 million kWh of electricity, eliminate over 54 million lbs of CO2, and reduce homeowner utility bills by more than $4.3 million annually.
- Championing the construction of homes that earn EPA’s ENERGY STAR, as well as EPA’s Indoor airPLUS and WaterSense labels.
- Educating homebuyers about the value and benefits of advanced building techniques and ENERGY STAR certified homes at its more than 75 learning centers throughout the United States and through 40 homeowner education sessions.
- Training 200 construction staff and subcontractors, as well as 600 sales staff, on ENERGY STAR requirements and other advanced building practices at mandatory management training days at all of its divisions.
- Augmenting its mandatory sales training programs with an advanced energy efficiency course and a Continuous Education Course for Realtors® highlighting the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes.