ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
ComEd is a unit of Chicago-based Exelon Corporation that provides service to approximately 3.8 million northern Illinois customers, 90 percent of which are residential. ComEd is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued success in leveraging ENERGY STAR and actively coordinating with other energy efficiency program administrators in its service territory to deliver customer-centered, market-friendly energy efficiency offerings. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Achieving net electricity savings of more than 450 GWh from programs tied directly to ENERGY STAR.
- Helping generate the sale of more than 10 million ENERGY STAR certified light bulbs and 7,000 certified heating and cooling systems.
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager as a starting point for energy efficiency education with commercial customers, facilitating automatic data uploads, and using performance scores to inform opportunity assessments and retrocommissioning offerings.
- Deepening efforts to engage Chicago’s commercial real estate sector by extending program offerings with the launch of Building Performance with ENERGY STAR.
- Expanding its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR services by using market segmentation strategies to identify homeowners most likely to participate in home performance, such as "Affluent Suburban Green" and "Budget Constrained Energy Efficiency Advocate,” and creating group-specific messaging to motivate homeowner investment.