Los Angeles, California
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Climate Communications
With operations in 30 markets across the United States, KB Home is one of the nation’s Top Ten production home builders. KB Home is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its leadership in communicating the importance of saving energy and preventing climate change with ENERGY STAR. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Linking the ENERGY STAR brand to fighting climate change, as well as regularly reporting the estimated amount of greenhouse gas emission reductions attributed to the ENERGY STAR certified homes it builds and the ENERGY STAR certified products sold at its design centers.
- Providing in-home and real-time energy monitors to all its homes, enabling KB Home the opportunity to educate homeowners on the increased efficiency of ENERGY STAR certified homes and products in 2013. This initiative results in greenhouse gas reductions and climate change prevention.
- Communicating to consumers, trades, manufacturers, investors, and other stakeholders through its Sustainability Report; addressing its strong commitment to fighting climate change in part through ENERGY STAR homes and appliances.
- Routinely highlighting the ENERGY STAR brand as its national platform for saving energy and fighting climate change in presentations for BICEP (Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy), a project of the non-governmental organization Ceres.
- Presenting KB Home’s ZeroHouse 2.0 model home in San Marcos, CA to showcase smart appliances, solar power systems, and electric-powered vehicles. This home demonstrates how families can save money and reduce their carbon footprint with the latest smart home technology. The number of ENERGY STAR certified homes equipped with solar PV systems is now more than 2,200.