Los Angeles, California
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
With operations in 30 markets across the United States, KB Home is one of the nation’s top ten production home builders. KB Home is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to lead the new construction industry toward market transformation through its commitment to ENERGY STAR. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 6,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2013, for a total of more than 80,000 certified homes since partnering with ENERGY STAR in 2000, and estimated annual utility bill savings per home between $900 and $1,200.
- Holding more than five orientation sessions on ENERGY STAR certified homes for home appraisers.
- Earning more than 1.2 billion media impressions and 514 media hits for media outreach that referenced ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified homes through an energy efficiency-focused section of its website and receiving over 58,000 unique views in the last 12 months and more than 90,000 unique views since the new website’s launch.
- Requiring specialized training on ENERGY STAR requirements for all purchasing and construction teams and requiring staff to read the ENERGY STAR training materials posted on its “KB University” intranet site.