Focus on Energy
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Focus on Energy (FOE) is Wisconsin utilities’ statewide program for energy efficiency and renewable energy, serving millions of customers and thousands of trade allies. Focus on Energy is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its comprehensive approach to delivering HPwES, commercial sector energy efficiency, and ENERGY STAR certified products and programs. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Shifting its HPwES program design to a contractor-based model, enabling increased project completion rates, energy savings per project, and building shell measures per home, while decreasing project duration from the assessment to the project submission.
- Completing more than 2,550 projects through its HPwES program and delivering more than $4.5 million in residential incentives.
- Supporting a robust contractor network by creating the Trade Ally Advisory Group, offering cooperative advertising dollars, and providing access to mentoring and ongoing sales and technical training, reporting and quality assurance tools and resources, and recognition opportunities. In 2013, FOE had seven HPwES Century Club Award-winning contractors and one U.S. DOE Housing Innovation Award winner.
- Promoting a robust selection of ENERGY STAR certified residential and commercial products across its portfolio of residential, commercial, and industrial programs, and exceeding program goals by significant margins. FOE’s Residential Lighting Program alone provided incentives for over 7 million ENERGY STAR certified lamps through nearly 1,100 store locations across the state, delivering approximately 413 million kWh savings (annual) in 2013 and exceeding 105 percent of the program’s goal for the year.
- Leveraging the proven performance and consumer recognition of the ENERGY STAR brand across multiple commercial and industrial incentive programs. FOE offered trainings modeled after the ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management and actively assisted customers with benchmarking nearly 240 facilities.