Liberty Property Trust
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Liberty Property Trust, an $8.4 billion real estate investment trust, owns more than 100 million square feet of office and industrial space throughout the United States and United Kingdom. Liberty Property Trust is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its comprehensive energy management approach that uses ENERGY STAR tools and resources to set goals and measure success. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Increasing its average ENERGY STAR score from 55 to 75 since 2008, with more than a 20 percent energy savings. This equates to more than $4.5 million savings for tenants from 116 buildings that have achieved ENERGY STAR certifications.
- Completing a smart grid research and development project that implemented advanced lighting and HVAC controls, advanced metering, and a three-tiered demand response system in multi-tenant office buildings.
- Completing the Building Owners and Managers Association’s (BOMA) 7-Point Challenge and receiving recognition as the “Most Innovative” for its development of the Liberty Energy Efficiency Partnership (LEEP) Program.
- Distributing monthly progress reports to all property managers and upper management; reports showed current ENERGY STAR scores and changes in energy use percentages for each city and region and for the portfolio as a whole.
- Communicating with clients about the importance of ENERGY STAR by improving the Liberty Green Guide website, which serves as a resource for office and industrial tenants and for the general public. In 2013, page views increased by more than 70 percent compared to the previous year.