Southern California Edison
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Southern California Edison (SCE) delivers electrical energy solutions to nearly 14 million residents in southern and central California. SCE is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to leveraging ENERGY STAR to work with its customers to advance energy efficiency for the long term. Over the past five years, this approach has enabled SCE and its customers to save more than 8.9 billion kWh—enough energy to power more than 1.2 million California homes for an entire year and reduce CO2 emissions by 4 million metric tons. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR’s high brand awareness to help customers install more than 4.1 million ENERGY STAR certified products. SCE supported this magnitude of installations with comprehensive outreach and promotional campaigns that delivered more than 318 million potential customer impressions focused on the benefits of energy efficiency through ENERGY STAR.
- Delivering ENERGY STAR certified products through a portfolio of up-, mid-, and downstream programs. To ensure that all its customers understand the value of, and have access to, the ENERGY STAR certified products that best meet their needs, SCE employed a range of innovative tactics, including promoting products that met ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2013 recognition criteria.
- Delivering 327 ENERGY STAR certified homes through the Residential New Construction Program.
- Expanding its comprehensive effort to increase the benchmarking of California’s commercial and industrial facilities. This includes training, online resources, and the provision of energy data to customers through an automated system in which more than 600 new customers enrolled in 2013.
- Achieving, in partnership with its customers, 1,164 GWh in energy savings and 194 MW of permanent demand reduction.