Burton Energy Group
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Service and Product Provider
Burton Energy Group provides energy management services for commercial businesses with multiple, geographically diverse facilities. Burton Energy Group is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for creating and managing client energy plans that improve energy efficiency and environmental performance, mitigate price risk, stabilize utility budgets, and lower overall energy operating costs. The company’s dozens of clients in retail, hospitality, restaurant services, and distribution rely on Burton Energy Group to share best practices. The company also shares industry-leading tools and processes with clients to optimize their energy performance and lower costs, while reducing the environmental impact of operating buildings. Key accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager to benchmark and track the energy performance of more than 1,800 facilities, accounting for 25 percent of its client portfolio.
- Earning the ENERGY STAR certification mark for more than 90 client buildings in 2013.
- Helping nearly a dozen clients enroll in the 2013 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition.
- Generating interest in energy efficiency by utilizing the Burton Energy Group blog: The Energy Trail. The company’s website and blog are now viewed by more than 3,000 visitors each month.
- Educating clients on the value of ENERGY STAR tools through bi-monthly webinars.