ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Hines is a privately owned, international real estate firm with more than 121 million square feet of property under its management. Hines is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence recognition for the continued expansion and success of its corporate energy management initiatives, and for the ongoing use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources to promote energy efficiency to clients, tenants, and employees. Key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Committing to decreasing its energy use intensity (EUI) by an additional 2.5 percent after exceeding its 2012 reduction goal of 5 percent.
- Engaging stakeholders by launching a Facebook and Twitter account to rebroadcast press releases, news articles, and ENERGY STAR milestones.
- Demonstrating its commitment to energy efficiency through earning Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR designation for 12 properties.
- Extending the Hines GREEN OFFICE® (HinesGO®) program beyond Hines corporate-occupied space to include the 4,300 tenants in Hines-managed properties worldwide. This initiative draws heavily upon Bring Your Green to Work with ENERGY STAR and offers recognition for energy efficiency improvements and other sustainability achievements made by building occupants.
- Promoting the company's ENERGY STAR partnership and achievements broadly to both internal and external audiences, including the development of a magnet that can be distributed to all building occupants at Hines properties that have earned the ENERGY STAR.